Wal-Mart Free NYC Coalition



Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Letters

Two letters came in recently showing support for the Wal-Mart free NYC Coalition: one from Cardinal Egan, Archbishop of New York; and one from Congressman Charles Rangel.

April 25, 2005
Dear Ted:

Thank you for keeping me informed on the progress of your campaign
with Wal-Mart.

I am pleased that you are concerned to improve working conditions of
retail workers. It seems to me that oftem times these workers are among
the lowest paid with the most difficult work schedules. I suspect that many
times they work without benefits.

While respecting the needs of all workers is important, the situatiot of
lower paid workers must be of particular concern.

Allow me to thank you for all your efforts on behalf of working men and
women in New York.

Very truly yours in Christ,
Edward Cardinal Egan
Archbishop of New York


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 10, 2005

Dear Mr. Jacobsen:

I am writing this letter to thank you for your recent correspondence to me in which
you included information about the Wal-Mart Free NYC Coalition.

I want to thank you for your continued efforts to protect workers and their rights.
As you well know, I have for a long time supported the right of workers to organize and
work in an environment that gives them the respect and dignity they deserve. We must
continue to ensure that every person in the American workforce is humanly treated and
given the benefits he or she deserve. I salute your continued fight for this cause.

Please accept my best wishes in your future endeavors.

Sincererly,
Charles B. Rangel
Members of Congress


CBR/djb