Wal-Mart Free NYC Coalition



Friday, June 17, 2005

Best of Luck!

From the Greeley Tribune:
Fifteen employees at the west Greeley Wal-Mart hope to break the track record of failed union attempts at Wal-Mart.

The group is inviting the 300-plus employees who work at the store at 920 47th Ave. to join them and organize under the United Food and Commercial Workers Local No. 7, the union of choice for many Front Range grocery workers.

"This is a big fight, and that's why I'm doing it," said Jared West, 21, a senior at the University of Northern Colorado who has worked at Greeley's newest Wal-Mart for two years. "I'm not the kind of person who can just sit there and allow (the company) to keep pushing people around. ... It scares me, but I'm not willing to back down. I don't know if I'm going to be able to change it around here, but I'm going to try."

Read the rest of the article